On this episode, Host Brad Fowler talks about the Chicago Bears trade for N'Keal Harry, the Panthers trade for Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson's contract negotiations, and you won't believe what one NFL analyst said about Deshaun Watson! Brad is also joined by guest Ted Glover who covers the Minnesota Vikings.
Ted formerly covered the Minnesota Vikings, Ohio State Football and Big Ten Football for SB Nation. He currently covers the Minnesota Vikings for "Vikings Report with Drew & Ted" podcast.
Here are the questions we asked Ted:
• All Pro WR Justin Jefferson recently said quote "the Vikings aren't a run first offense anymore" I cant imagine 3 time pro bowl running back Dalvin Cook was excited about that but how much truth is there to this statement by Jefferson?
• Long time head coach Mike Zimmer is out, so tell us about new head coach Kevin O'Connell, what scheme and philosophy changes do you expect to see from the Vikings this season?
• With a new coach comes new evaluations, who are some players with the most to prove this season in Minnesota?
• The Vikings have added some key free agents this off season on the defensive side of the ball with Zadarius Smith, Harrison Phillips and Jordan Hicks, what type of impact do you expect from these guys?
• The most important position in pro sports is the quarterback position, I read an article today on Sports Illustrated's Fan Nation Inside The Vikings website, stating Kirk Cousins as one of the most overrated players in the NFL. Wins aren't a QB stat but he is basically a .500 QB who I think has inflated numbers due to his overly conservative approach, He's getting paid like a top 5 QB and now it looks like the Vikings are offering him another contract extension. What are your thoughts?
• We spoke off the air about the Vikings draft, and as you and my listeners already know I wasn't very impressed with what they did, especially getting fleeced by their rivals in some bad draft day trades. Now I really like Lewis Scene, and Andrew Booth Jr. Is really talented but he hasn't been able to stay healthy so I think he was a high risk high reward pick, I thought they really reached for Ed Ingram in the 2nd round who most analysts graded as a 5th round prospect, I have read some positive reports from OTAs on rookie Brian Asamoah, I know you're higher on this class than I am but what are your thoughts on the rookies and the all the draft trades the new GM made?
• Speaking of younger players for the Vikings, which 2nd or 3rd year guys do you think are breakout candidates this season?
• Next season the Minnesota Vikings win how many games?
Pint Glass Football Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Castbox and wherever else you listen to podcasts.
You can listen to PGF on your smart speakers! Simply say "Alexa, play the latest episode of the Pint Glass Football Podcast" or "Hey Google, play the latest episode of the Pint Glass Football Podcast."
Your support of the podcast is greatly appreciated, so please follow or subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts and share with family and friends!