On this episode host Brad Fowler gives his draft grades for each team in the NFC North and tells you each teams best pick and worst pick. Brad also has a great in-depth interview with Donnie Druin (@DonnieDruin) of SI.com. Brad also shares what 3 NFC North teams had great draft classes, and one team's draft was so terrible, he considered giving them an "F"
Donnie Druin covers the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Arizona State Sun Devils for Sports Illustrated's Fan Nation.
Here are the questions we asked Donnie:
• Let's start with the Steelers, for the first time in a long time they went into the draft with question marks at the QB position and decided to draft Kenny Pickett with the 20th pick, what are your thoughts on him and what level of player can he become?
• Historically speaking the Steelers draft really well especially at WR, tell us about George Pickens from Georgia and Calvin Austin from Memphis.
• With free agency and the draft behind us, which teams are poised to take a leap forward this season and who's going to take a step backwards?
• Sticking with the draft, who's your pick for OROY and DROY?
• What draft pick really left you scratching your head?
• Let's shift to Arizona State, RB Rachaad White who went to Tampa Bay with the 91st pick, he's a guy that I was higher than most analysts on during the pre draft process, you covered him up close, what should we expect from him in Tampa?
• Arizona State had several players drafted this year, tell us about the rest of this group and what kind of impacts they can make at the next level?
Your support of the podcast is greatly appreciated, so please follow or subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts and share with family and friends!