On this episode host Brad Fowler grades each team from the AFC East and tells you each teams best pick, and worst pick. He also interviews Tyler Walker, who's a scouting assistant for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Brad tells what team had one of the best drafts in the entire NFL this year and why the rest of this division, was down right ugly.
Tyler formerly worked for the University of Oregon Football operations and is currently a Jacksonville Jaguars scouting assistant.
Here is the questions we asked Tyler:
• Before you started working for the Jaguars you were with the University of Oregon, a lot of us read stories about Oregon, the facilities and the program but few of us get to see what it's really like, take us behind the curtain if you will?
• While at Oregon you worked with Mario Cristobal, he had a lot of success at U of O and is now the head coach at Miami, tells us about what type of coach, recruiter and just overall guy the Hurricanes are getting with Cristobal?
• The Jaguars have now hired former Eagles coach Doug Pederson, a respected coach with a recent Super Bowl win on his resume, what's it been like working with him?
• The NFL Draft just behind us now, you were involved in scouting these players for Jacksonville, let's start with with Travon Walker, big time athlete but limited production, wasn't seen as a lock for the 1st pick, was there a lot of debate internally in the pre draft process who the Jags would be selecting at 1?
• I think drafting LB Devin Lloyd at the 27th overall pick could be one of the biggest steals in the 1st round, a guy I had ranked as my 9th best player in this entire class, tells us about Lloyd and the move to go get him?
︎• I also really like the 3rd round selections of center Luke Fortner and Chad Muma, tells us about what you saw in scouting them and what they'll bring to the Jaguars?
• Every year we see reports after the draft that fill in the blank team was targeting a certain player, but another team drafts him before they go there chance to, who was that player for the Jaguars?
Your support of the podcast is greatly appreciated, so please follow or subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts and share with family and friends!