On this episode host Brad Fowler gives his draft grades for the NFC South and tells you each teams best pick and worst pick. Brad also has a great in depth interview with Mark Dulgerian of NFL Media. Plus the NFC South had 2 teams that he thinks crushed the draft and 2 teams that had terrible drafts, and received Brad's worst grades yet!
Mark does research and analytics for NFL Media (which includes NFL Network and NFL.com) and works for Optimum Scouting. He was formerly with the XFL as the Director of Pro Scouting and also worked in the football operations at USC.
Here are the questions we asked Mark:
1) You have a background in scouting and like I said in your intro you currently do research and analytics, I'm curious, when you're evaluating these prospects, what are some of the key things you look for from a analytics point of view?
2) We saw Travon Walker and Jordan Davis both go early in the 1st round, players that lacked the typical production you might expect from early picks but have the measurements and traits of high level players, what is your process when evaluating a player and weighing the measurements and traits vs the production and game tape?
3) I saw you did a pick by pick analysis for the mid and late round guys for NFL.com, who are some players from that group that really stand out and you think offer great value for where they were taken?
4) You covered the Shrine Bowl for NFL Media and are involved with the game with Optimum Scouting and got a real close look at the players that attended, who from that game really stood out to you?
5) What team you get drafted too can often play a big role in the success or failure of a rookie in the NFL, so who are some guys that you feel landed in right spot?
6) The New York teams are getting a lot of high draft grades from the media but which team had a great draft that isn't getting talked about enough?
7) This QB class was viewed as down and the NFL teams made that abundantly clear by where they were drafted, who is most likely to become a franchise quarterback from this class or is there one?
8) 5 years from now, what will we remember most from this draft?
Pint Glass Football Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Castbox and wherever else you listen to podcasts.
You can listen to PGF on your smart speakers! Simply say "Alexa, play the latest episode of the Pint Glass Football Podcast" or "Hey Google, play the latest episode of the Pint Glass Football Podcast."
Your support of the podcast is greatly appreciated, so please follow or subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts and share with family and friends!