S4E7: AFC NORTH DRAFT GRADES
On this episode host Brad Fowler gives out his draft grades for each of the AFC North teams and tells you each teams best pick, and worst pick. Later in the episode Brad interviews J.P. Acosta of Football Outsiders, SB Nation and SI.com to discuss the draft and NFL offseason. Brad also tells you the AFC North team that had a huge swing and miss, while their rival had his highest graded draft EVER!
J.P. Acosta writes for SB Nation's BigCatCountry.com covering the Jacksonville Jaguars, as well as FootballOutsiders.com, and Sports Illustrated's Wildcats Daily covering Northwestern.
Here are the questions we asked J.P. :
1) Lets start with the Jaguars because this is a team that shocked some people when they selected Travon Walker with the 1st pick, a highly gifted athlete but had limited production, they then went on to draft a highly productive LB in Devin Lloyd from Utah also in the first round, I like the picks they made in the 3rd, but talk about the Jaguars draft as a whole and how would you grade it?
2) You had an article for football outsiders where you stated the Texans biggest need this off season was on the defensive line, they had an opportunity 3 to take arguably the best defensive lineman in this draft with Kayvon Thibodeaux from Oregon but instead went with CB Derek Stingley Jr. from LSU, what did you make of that selection?
2) This draft didn't have a lock for the 1st pick like some classes and there's been a alot of discussion on who was the best player but who had the best pick in this draft?
3) When you combine the off season free agency period with the draft, which team has done the most to improve it's team?
4) Let's flip it to the other side, who's had the worst off season from a free agency and draft standpoint?
5) 5 years from now which 1st round pick will be the biggest bust?
6) Who's a player in this draft that you feel like not enough people are talking about that could become a star?
7) It feels like there is a divide happening in NFL front offices right now on weather or not to pay big for veteran WRs or to let someone else pay them and draft rookie WRs, especially considering how deep the position has become each April. What are your thoughts on this and if you were a GM which way would you lean?
9) With free agency and the draft behind us, what team is being overhyped and who's being overlooked going into next season?
Pint Glass Football Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Castbox and wherever else you listen to podcasts.
You can listen to PGF on your smart speakers! Simply say "Alexa, play the latest episode of the Pint Glass Football Podcast" or "Hey Google, play the latest episode of the Pint Glass Football Podcast."
Your support of the podcast is greatly appreciated, so please follow or subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts and share with family and friends!
Leave a Reply.