S5E10: Isaiah Rodgers Faces Lifetime Ban - NFL Gambling Scandal, 2023 CB Draft Rankings, CFB Realignment Report + AFC East Draft Grades
Are you ready for some football? If so, you won’t want to miss the latest episode of Pint Glass Football, where hosts Brad and Alex discuss everything related to the NFL and college football. In this episode, they cover the latest news, rumors and analysis including:
- A shocking report that reveals that Indianapolis Colts cornerback and kick returner Isaiah Rodgers Sr. is being investigated by the NFL for possible violations of the league’s gambling policy. Rodgers Sr. could face a lifetime ban from the league if he is found guilty of placing bets on NFL games, including some involving his own team.
- A surprising move by the Indianapolis Colts, who have waived wide receiver Tyler Adams and signed WR Breshad Perriman. Perriman is a former first-round pick who has struggled with inconsistency throughout his career. Brad and Alex discuss what type of impact he could have with the Colts.
- A big signing by the Buffalo Bills, who have added outside linebacker Leonard Floyd to their defense. Floyd signed a one-year deal worth 2.25 million and 1.5 million guaranteed. Floyd is coming off a career-high 10.5 sacks with the Los Angeles Rams last season and will join an AFC contender in Buffalo. Brad and Alex break down how Floyd will fit in with the Bills’ scheme.
- Another veteran addition by the Bills, who have signed Shane Ray after he completed a workout with the team. Ray is a former first-round pick who has not played in the NFL since 2018 due to injuries. He was once a promising pass rusher with the Denver Broncos, but his career has been derailed by multiple setbacks.
- A rundown of some of the best available NFL free agents yet to sign deals with new teams. Brad and Alex discuss why these players are still on the market, what teams could use their services and what kind of contracts they could expect.
- A potential bombshell in college football realignment, as James Parks of Sports Illustrated reports that Colorado and Arizona might be leaving the Pac-12 for the Big 12. Parks claims that both schools are unhappy with the Pac-12’s leadership, revenue distribution and media exposure, and that they are exploring their options with the Big Brad and Alex analyze how this move would affect both conferences and college football as a whole.
- A fun segment where Brad and Alex draft their 8 best cornerbacks for the 2023 season, ranking them based on their performance, potential and fit with their teams. Some of the names on their list are Jalen Ramsey and Jaire Alexander.
- The final segment where they finish grading each team’s NFL Draft in the AFC East, giving their opinions on the best and worst picks, steals and reaches, and overall impact of each draft class. They evaluate how each team addressed their needs, added talent and improved their roster.
This episode is packed with football talk that you won’t want to miss. You can listen to it on your favorite podcast platform or Simply say "Alexa, play the latest episode of the Pint Glass Football Podcast" or "Hey Google, play the latest episode of the Pint Glass Football Podcast." Don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review the podcast and follow us on Twitter @PGFpodcast for more updates and content.