On this episode:
Host Brad Fowler talks about,
- Georgia repeats as National Champions and why the game didn't help the case for a 12-team playoff
- The NFL would have much rather seen the Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers or Detroit Lions as 7 seeds than the Miami Dolphins and Seattle Seahawks
- How will the Detroit Lions deal with real expectations next season?
- The Twitter Poll Question of The Week: Will Aaron Rodgers Play Next Season?
- The Houston Texans lose even win they win
- Could the Chicago Bears draft a quarterback with the 1st pick?
- NFL Week 18 "Game Ball"
- NFL Wild Card Weekend Preview (with betting picks): 49ers/Seahawks, Chargers/Jaguars, Dolphins/Bills, Giants/Vikings, Bengals/Ravens, Cowboys/Buccaneers
J.P. is a football writer for SB Nation, We Discuss:
Chargers coach Brandon Staley played starters in a game that had no impact on their playoff seeding and they lost some key starters to injury because of it, What did you make of that decision?
The Texans fired Lovie Smith the Cardinals fire Kliff Kingsbury, and now, at the time of this recording, we have 5 head coaching job openings in Arizona, Houston, Denver, Indy, and Carolina. How would you rank these jobs?
Follow up: Who are some candidates that you like for these jobs?
The Eagles are the one seed in the NFC, but they didn't look like it last Sunday when they had everything to play for, and the Giants hung around with 2nd and 3rd string guys. It was Jalen Hurts' first game back from Injury granted, but they haven't looked that great these past 4 weeks, once again without Hurts for most of it but the 2 seed Niners are playing with a 7th round rookie and look better than ever. How confident are you in the Eagles going into the playoffs?
This year we saw Miami and Seattle sneak their way into the playoffs as 7 seeds, last year Pittsburgh and Philadelphia snuck in as 7 seeds and both got blasted in the 1st round, Was expanding to 7 teams in each conference a mistake by the NFL?
What's the most intriguing matchup this wild card weekend in the AFC and NFC?
Pint Glass Football Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Castbox and wherever else you listen to podcasts.
You can listen to PGF on your smart speakers! Simply say "Alexa, play the latest episode of the Pint Glass Football Podcast" or "Hey Google, play the latest episode of the Pint Glass Football Podcast."
Your support of the podcast is greatly appreciated, so please follow or subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts and share with family and friends!